Monday, February 25, 2008

Pandora's Box

A Pandora's Box of emotion has ripped open my soul and I'm just trying my best to hold on to hope. Dramatic, but there it is. I decided this blog is about my life and if you're going to read it, well, there's the truth. All the good, the bad, and the plateaus in between. An almost 5 month relationship I was involved in just ended and it's thrown me for a loop. I still don't understand why and for now I'm just trying to get through each day but I guess I can relate more to John Mayer now -I too am dreaming with a broken heart.
And I officially hate February as well as January now. These two months aren't good for me. Some girl at church tried to console me by saying at least it's leap year. How is that comforting? What the month of misery is prolonged an extra day? So that's where I'm at right now. I also turn 29 in a week and a half and am trying not to be too depressed about that. I'm at my crossroads trying to decide what to do with the next part of my life. It's wide open. That's it for now. All I can say is life is incredibly unchartable. You really never know where it's going to take you or what's going to happen even when you feel pretty sure about it. I feel like I've had the wind knocked out of me. I guess that's an opportunity for more humility and reliance on the only thing you can really hold onto in this world - the gospel.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

I'm sorry to hear that. Keep us posted on what the future holds...29 is a good year. I'm trying it out and it suits fine

RobMoffat said...

29 was good to me too, if that helps at all?

cheyney webb said...

We definately need a girl chat in our doorways. Happy Birthday! I will call soon!